As a not-for-profit community minded organization, we understand the importance of philanthropy. Both our staff and residents take part in a variety of community service programs throughout the year. It is our way of giving back to those who give so much to us.
We are quite proud of our Angel Tree that shines brightly through the holidays. The tree, filled with individual “angels,” sits in the Activity and Education building for everyone to see. Individuals, staff and volunteers are encouraged to participate in giving a gift to each angel. Most recently we have become Christmas sponsors for children associated with Adelante, The Latino Community and Resource Center. Other organizations we work with include:
- Mobile Meals delivering meals
- Our individuals spend time with the adults at Alzheimer Association Day Program
- The individuals help at Sylvania Family Services
- Each year our residents help Pi Kappa Phi raise money during the "Big Event" campaign
- Our staff volunteers at a number of organizations including The Senior Center Inc., Kiwanis, Holland/Springfield Rotary, Leadership Toledo, Maumee Rotary, Baskets of Care, Chicks for Charity, Toledo Museum of Art, DOVIA of NW Ohio, Association of Fundraising Professionals, Ohio Provider Resource Association, Alzheimer’s Association and the Autism Society.